Monday, August 31, 2009

She's Baaaack!

Ladies and Gentlemen, yoooou're listening to Sidonie Smith. I am back online and feelin' FINE!

Why the bad Disc Jockey impersonation? Well, folks, I am just in a good mood brought on by my super fun new job! Yup, I am a-rockin' and a-rollin' six days a week now. And I still can't believe I get paid to do what I love.

If you're a regular reader you already know that I started work about two weeks ago. And if you're, say, a creepy, crazed stalker, you may have actually noticed that I deleted the name of the show and all the job details from my previous post "One For The Money, Two For The Show." I did so because the cast was asked not to release any info online until our official introduction to the press. Basically, the theatre wants the first blast of info about the cast to come from them. Fair enough. I seriously doubt that any sleazy German tabloid "journalists" are rifling through my blog-ramblings for juicy theatre gossip. But I'm a good kid, so I complied. All job info has been backspaced into oblivion; at least for today because...

TOMORROW I MEET THE PRESS!
Yessir, tomorrow afternoon we have a huge (and I mean HUGE) presentation where we will sing select numbers from the show, meet some honored guests and be photographed and interviewed by possibly every publication in this fine land. How do I feel about being interviewed in German? It varies. Just pray that tomorrow's variation will be "confident and grammatically correct."

Rehearsals are going wonderfully! I can't wait to tell you more about them when I can stop speaking in code:). Had my first fitting today too. Perhaps I can snag a picture or two from the costume  designer. My first dress is unbelievebale: A handsewn sequined gown designed/built specifically for me. Nuts. Oh! I had a really cool wig fitting the other day too! In order to look as real as possible, the wig is being created from scratch specifically to fit my head and hairline  So, last Tuesday I had a 3/4 cast made of my head, complete with a detailed tracing of my hairline. Took about an hour, but there is now a life size plaster replica of my noggin at the theatre. Apparently, I'm free to have it when I finsh my contract. Don't exactly know what I'll do with it...

 This is the part where I rack my brain to try to come up with a picture that I can post for you that won't get me fired. Hmm. Let's see what we've got here...


This is the outside of my dressing room. Very exciting;)

I share my dressing room with a great girl named Birgit (or Bigi:)). We went to the same conservatory in Hamburg, although never at the same time.


So far, this is the best shot I have of the inside. Still trying to decide on how to decorate. This is going to be my home away from home!

Here I am at my dressing table! This is where i'll be painting my face for at least the next year:)
Okie doke. That should do it. Hope things are simply smashing in your part of the world! Thanks for stopping by and I hope hope hope to hear from you soooooon! 

5 comments:

julieamazed said...

How exciting!! Break a leg at your press debut!
love you,
jules
p.s.
update: no house yet...but hopefully soon!

Christopher Ryan said...

I love you bunches, and you're gonna be great in [TBA] ;) ;)

Sarah M said...

This happy post is a welcome read after nearly 24 hours straight of accounting (studying for the quiz I just got 100% on thank you very much!). My how our worlds have grown. :-)

Unknown said...

Yay sid! This is SO exciting! I can't wait to hear more and more and more! We miss ya here in good ole florida! <3

KilleenSlamPoet said...

Hi Sidonie! This is your cuz Jane! Just wanted to drop you a line and tell you how happy I am for you! I got to come see you perform somewhere someday. Keep doing great things!!

Happy Holidays
Jane